Vivek Gaurav, Director Operations, Cipla Health Ltd
Authored the book ‘Life Is A WordPlay. Go. Win.’ – The book is an attempt to Inspire my Readers to be Winners by Looking at Life through my Original, Witty yet Deep One-liners, Quotes, and Satire.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Follow TBCY RSS
Failure in society is tied to self-esteem and self-acceptance. While it is only an obstacle and often a stepping stone to growth, it is still taboo. People never encourage each other to fail. If obstacles and failure contribute to our growth and learning then why not encourage it?
Cutthroat competition and a charging race to success are considered normal but trying again and learning in the process are considered bad.
Today we have with us a man who calls himself a failed entrepreneur. He is unique in his ways and he redefines satisfaction and happiness to his passions. We are pleased to welcome Vivek Gaurav to the podcast today.
Vivek is the Director of Operations of Cipla Health Limited. He’s an author of a book titled ‘Life is the Wordplay. Go. Win’. In his own words, he likes to call himself a ‘failed entrepreneur’. Vivek is a content creator and is a very, very tall supply chain leader.
In this very interesting episode with our host Ashutosh Garg, Vivek throws light on the many areas of his professional career and his passions. His journey is very extraordinary.
Why a Failed Entrepreneur?
Having worked as a startup entrepreneur during the initial stages of his career, Vivek has gained a plethora of learnings that stand by him in his toughest days. This led him to strongly believe that failure has been a major part of his golden learnings. He proudly wears his failure badge and learns from it as much as he can.
“So my book has an interesting quote, which I penned down a few years ago, during my startup days itself, that says, you know, ‘I have been fortunate enough to have had many successful failures, but very few failed successes’.I would say, secondly, you know, calling myself failure openly, also, I believe, keeps me grounded.”
About Vivek’s book
Vivek has authored an extraordinary book titled – ‘Life is the Wordplay. Go. Win’
Through his book, Vivek has made an attempt to help people look at life from a unique and uncommon perspective. Vivek explains that he is an ‘author by accident’. His book is an attempt not to inspire people but to simply shift their perspective.
“So the book, I think, was only a way to just express myself, nothing else.”
It is a compilation of quotations that might seem very basic and witty on the outside but are deeply connected to our daily lives. Vivek’s writing is relatable and interesting for the readers.
Further, into the discussion, Vivek shares his role as a supply chain leader and the many experiences he has gained in the industry. Ashutosh and Vivek converse about the changing function of the supply chain leader and how technology is enriching the supply chain function. With technology bringing about major changes, the supply chain industry has also evolved dramatically.
Vivek talks about the changes that giant eCommerce platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, etc have brought about in the supply chain function. In his opinion, since supply chains are business enablers, eCommerce platforms have given birth to a whole new level of supply chain professionals.
Vivek also shares his incredible journey as a public speaker. He believes that investing time in the things that bring him joy and satisfaction is very important for him. He has several other hobbies and manages his time amazingly along with his professional career.
Tune in to know more about Vivek.
– Authored the book ‘Life Is A WordPlay. Go. Win.’ – The book is an attempt to Inspire my Readers to be Winners by Looking at Life through my Original, Witty yet Deep One-liners, Quotes, and Satire.
– Public Speaker on Life and Happiness: Proprietary ‘Happiness Unboxed’ Talk Series!
YouTube Channel: Life Is A WordPlay Vivek Gaurav
– Have 15 Years of Experience in Pharma/OTC, FMCG-Oral Care, Paints, Retail / Beauty / Wellness & FMCG-Foods across Indian and Global MNCs
– Expertise in Setting up, Integrating, and Operating Multi-Channel Supply Chains viz. Retail, Modern Trade, Pharma Wholesale, B2B, HORECA, Clinics, Shop-in-Shop, E-Commerce, Exports & Imports
– Hands-on Experience at Strategic, Tactical and Operational Levels in key aspects of Value Chain viz. S&OP, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Procurement, Manufacturing (Own & Contract), NPD, Warehousing & Logistics
– Proven track record in People Leadership, Organisation Design & Campus Relationship Strategy | Have handled Large Teams, Union & Industrial Relations, 3P Partners & Vendors (International as well as Domestic)
– Cofounded ‘Salad Supper’, Mumbai’s 1st Healthy Premium Gourmet Salad Start-up
– Industry Thought Leader: Have been Interviewed by various magazines | Speaker at key Industry events | Strong Network with Fellow Industry leaders
– Member – CII Leadership Committee