Kunal Mutha, Founder, and MD, Naturise Consumer Products
A passionate leader, entrepreneurial by nature, Kunal Mutha comes with an extensive experience from the well-established Mohan Mutha Group. In 2013, he began his career by leading the diversification of the group into manufacturing as CEO of MM Polytech.
The hue and cry around climate change are real and are getting serious with each passing day. While some of us are pertinently working to defer the disasters, some aren’t even bothered. Despite the pool of knowledge around us regarding the environment and its deteriorating conditions, we least realize that even our food habits affect the earth massively.
Although the percentage of vegans and vegetarians is as small as 6-11% in this world as per the United Nations’ figures, the hatred towards factory farming is ever-increasing. From Hollywood celebrities like James Cromwell, Ellen Page to famed comedians like Frank Ferrante and Russell Brand to the Gen Z and millennial influencers all are the flag bearers of veganism and vegetarianism. While they might be the front-runners for the cause, Kunal Mutha is here with us who will reason the cause and explain why this lifestyle is towards sustainability and a better world.
[00:32] About Kunal Mutha, Founder and MD, Naturise Consumer Products
- Kunal Mutha is the Founder and Managing Director of Naturise Consumer Products.
- His Flagship Brand is Only Earth.
- He is also a budding vegan athlete who has completed about 3 Ironman Triathlons in New Zealand, Italy, and Sri Lanka.
[01:05] About Naturise Consumer Products
- With my passion for fitness and food, we started Naturise Consumer Products in the year 2021.
- I feel lucky to come across plant-based industry and getting an opportunity to work in it.
[02:26] What is Veganism?
- People call it a diet, but for me, it is a lifestyle.
- You are more compassionate about other living beings.
- You are also mindful of what you are eating.
- It is holistic living where you are conscious of your health as well as your environment.
[04:59] Products of Only Earth
- We have started with beverages. We have launched oat milk and coconut milk.
- They are in about 18 cities in India.
- Only Earth’s mission is to be kinder to the planet & make a difference with plant-based oats, almonds & coconut milk.
[06:21] Are you planning to launch more products?
- We want to provide consumers with an alternative choice for daily products.
- A non-Dairy delicious choice for ice cream, spreads, cheese, paneer, etc., where nobody feels that they are missing out on something.
[07:48] ‘Vegetarianism and Veganism is not a complete diet’
- People are coming to the reality that it is not true. It has been a myth.
- If you want to turn vegan, you need to know what you need to eat.
- All the strong animals, like elephants, and gorillas, survive by eating plants.
[12:30] Is ‘Soy’ the only base to get vegan products?
- People associate Tofu and Soy with protein.
- A lot of cheese is coming out of cashew nowadays.
- People are going back to millets.
[15:41] Potential of Plant-based industry
- Plant-based food is going to change the way we eat.
[18:24] How do you prepare for a triathlon?
- I have not been a sports person throughout my life. This started around 4-5 years back.
- I was in the packaging business, so I had to travel for four hours a day to reach the factory.
- I was not happy with my health, and my friend suggested signing up for a marathon.
- Running was addictive. It gives me immense pleasure.
- I came across a coach who helped me throughout the journey.
You can connect with Kunal Mutha – LinkedIn
Only Earth – LinkedIn
Enjoy this podcast?
If you learned new insights about veganism, as well as plant-based products, subscribe and share it with friends!
Love to give us 5 stars? ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ If you do, we’d love a review from you. Help us reach more people to keep them in the know as we talk to leaders, high achievers, and thought leaders from diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Excellence can come from anywhere; stay in the know, and hear from emergent high achievers and gurus.
Don’t forget to follow and message us on these platforms!
Thanks for listening!
A passionate leader, entrepreneurial by nature, Kunal Mutha comes with an extensive experience from the well-established Mohan Mutha Group.
In 2013, he began his career by leading the diversification of the group into manufacturing as CEO of MM Polytech. He set up a state-of-the art manufacturing facility of flexible packaging material in Sricity, India. The company catered to multinational clients like Mondelez, Perfetti, Pepsico and exported large volume of production to over 20 countries. In 2019 the company was acquired by global packaging major, Huhtamaki.
He is also a budding vegan athlete who has completed about 3 Ironman Triathlons in New Zealand, Italy and Sri Lanka. He spends hours into training each day and prepare up for the next triathlon.
His passion for vegan lifestyle, concern on climate change and animal cruelty lead him to venture into Plant Based food and beverage Business. He is the Founder and Managing Director of Naturise Consumer Products. The company is headquartered in Singapore and plans to establish its flagship brand ONLY EARTH as a leading player in plant based sector.