John Chappelear, Award-winning Author, Consultant, and Speaker
John Chappelear a consultant and a speaker. He’s an author of a book titled The Daily Six.
John Chappelear, a consultant and a speaker. He’s an author of a book titled The Daily Six. He’s an expert in individual and organizational wellness, a quintessential entrepreneur, he has started, built, run, and sold five companies. And has received a presidential letter of commendation from President Reagan.
01:20- Tell me about your journey.
- After his college education, he started working for his family business with his father.
- It was after working here, he realized that working for a small business has its own share of problems.
- There are entrepreneurial business challenges as well as all the baggage that comes along with, with working with family.
- So he later decided to start his own business.
03:42- How do you define the term, individual and organizational wellness?
- Organizational wellness is when everybody shares the same vision, within the company, they understand why they’re doing it, and their own individual and team importance.
- In the organization, there’s just not a sporadic group of individuals running around trying to accomplish goals.
- They understand that what they do is important and that what they do is valued. And that makes a huge difference in the level of productivity, turnover, and absenteeism in an organization.
04:31- What are the kinds of challenges you have faced?
- Right hiring and right training is the greatest challenge of any organization.
- Once this is achieved, everyone who is onboard works with same values and same goals, and then we have a healthy organization.
06:04- What are the steps to overcome these challenges?
- The first step is recognizing the root problem, because unless this is sorted, temporary fixtures would not work in the long run.
- Once the problem is recognized, solutions could be found.
- Entrepreneurs should also remain open to solutions from the employees, especially the front line workers.
09:25- What are some of the qualities that a startup entrepreneur should have?
- Be a little crazy. Be enthusiastic and, have a sense of self belief.
- The other idea is of macro-micro. From top to bottom, each one associated with the organization should be on the same page regarding values and ultimate goal.
- The other thing is to stay on top of your planning and execution. And that process is called 5-3-1-20.
- The other idea is that for making profit increasing sales is important, but cost-cutting is another important aspect. But don’t want to cut it to the point where you’re hurting services or employees.
14:27- What are the basic mistakes a lot of startup entrepreneurs make?
- A lot of times a visionary person just follows the next bright shiny thing in front of them and goes wanders away, and they’ve outgrown their capital before they get anything started.
- So the component is to make sure that you have enough capital to sustain your business until you can reach a positive cash flow, don’t outpace your capital.
- Make sure that you have a clear vision.
- And that everyone in the organization understands that vision and the steps they need to take to help make it become a reality so that they feel a part of the growth, not just as an observer of the growth.
16:55- Tell me about your book The Daily Six and the hypothesis when you wrote it?
- The hypothesis was, gifts of devastation. They are very painful and very negative, but force positive changes into your life.
- The purpose of the daily six is to help create an emotional balance in here.
- If we can bring a sense of calm, focused direction to everything that we do. Then everything will work more smoothly.
- So that’s the purpose behind the daily six. It’s a simple six-step process that you can practice daily, to help keep you centered and balanced and create a path that takes intention into reality.
You can connect with John Chappelear – LinkedIn
Enjoy this podcast?
If you learned new insights about Organization Wellness, subscribe and share it with friends!
Love to give us 5 stars? ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ If you do, we’d love a review from you. Help us reach more people to keep them in the know as we talk to leaders, high achievers, and thought leaders from diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Excellence can come from anywhere; stay in the know, and hear from emerging high achievers and gurus.
Don’t forget to follow and message us on these platforms!
Thanks for listening!
John Chappelear, a consultant and a speaker. He’s an author of a book titled The Daily six. He’s an expert in individual and organizational wellness, a quintessential entrepreneur, he has started, built, run, and sold five companies. And has received a presidential letter of commendation from President Reagan.