Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia, PVSM, AVSM, SM, Director General, Military Operations, Indian Army
- Former DG Military Operations
- PVSM, AVSM, SM
- Expert in Disaster Management
- Author of several papers
- Recognized, Awarded and Felicitated several times
- An Insider Look On the Future of War | Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia, PVSM, AVSM, SM, Director General, Military Operations, Indian Army
- Predictions on the Future of War | Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia, PVSM, AVSM, SM, Director General, Military Operations, Indian Army
- Leadership, Technology, and the Future of War | Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia, PVSM, AVSM, SM, Director General, Military Operations, Indian Army
The world is changing, and so is the future of war. Nations should stay vigilant about protecting their people and territories. Combat is no longer limited to land, sea, and air; it now occurs in the digital realm and outer space. Strengthening militaries involve strengthening capabilities on all fronts: technologies, intelligence, communications, and leadership.
Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia, PVSM, AVSM, SM, Director General, Military Operations, Indian Army joins us to talk about four factors for success in any profession and the leadership style that leads to better decisions. He also predicts the future of war, suggesting ways that India can adapt to the changes. Finally, Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia compares the warfare rules and policies of countries like China, India, and Pakistan.
If you’re interested in the future of war, militaries, and defense, don’t miss this episode!
[00:40] About Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia, PVSM, AVSM, SM, Director General, Military Operations, Indian Army
- A highly decorated soldier from the Indian Army.
- He is the former Director-General of Military Operations.
- He is an expert in disaster management.
- He is the author of several papers.
[01:16] What did you do right to reach the top?
- Other than luck, I focussed on my job.
- I enjoyed every moment.
- Constant effort to move ahead.
- I was too honest.
- Never lose your temper.
[04:59] What is your leadership style?
- Mission accomplishment, Victory
- Safety of the men
- Keeping the God and my men equal
- Learn from mistakes
- Ownership of what you are doing
[08:54] A Pakistani soldier fights for his religion, a Chinese soldier fights for his party, and an Indian soldier fights for his motherland
- Whenever we have dealt with them, they are professionals.
- We should never underestimate them. They are good.
- Indian soldiers are by far the best.
- Indian soldiers can survive anywhere.
[11:42] How has technology changed the army over the last four decades?
- Indian soldiers are very adaptable.
- They may not be very educated but the way they use technology for cost efficiency, is commendable.
[18:13] Perspective on Ukraine and Russia
- If you look at the historical aspects, the conflict has been in the making.
- Every nation has its national interest, and it is a priority, but here the timing was wrong.
[21:27] What are the challenges China represents for India?
- We were very hopeful that with two strong leaders we will be able to resolve the boundary issue.
- China misunderstood us and thought they can resolve the boundary question with force.
- We are at the stage where two of the world’s largest arms face each other along the valley, which is not a good sign.
- But on the positive side, there has been no incident since Galwan.
[28:21] What is happening in Pakistan?
- The driving force behind the Pakistan policies is Anti-India.
- They are not looking at their growth.
Connect with Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia – LinkedIn
Enjoy This Podcast?
If you learned new insights about leadership in the Indian Army, as well as the future of military and warfare, subscribe and share it with friends!
Love to give us 5 stars? ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ If you do, we’d love a review from you. Help us reach more people to keep them in the know as we talk to leaders, high achievers, and thought leaders from diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Excellence can come from anywhere; stay in the know, and hear from emergent high achievers and gurus.
Don’t forget to follow and message us on these platforms!
Thanks for listening!
To a better you,
Thanks for listening!
To a better you,