Solving Water Scarcity in India: The Future of Water Supply in India | Rahul Banerjee
In this episode brought to you by ‘The Brand Called You’, Ashutosh Garg converses with Rahul Banerjee, a notable social and environmental activist addressing environmental problems in our country.
In this episode brought to you by ‘The Brand Called You’, Ashutosh Garg converses with Rahul Banerjee, a notable social and environmental activist addressing environmental problems in our country. Rahul is an alumnus of IIT Kharagpur. Rahul’s area of specialization is ‘urban water resources and energy management.’
‘Pipe water supply leads to a serious wastage’, remarks Rahul and explains why. Rahul elucidates the effectiveness of the schemes implemented by the government to solve the problem of water scarcity.
Rahul talks about how the nation can solve water related issues that still exist as major threats. He foresees the future of water supply in India. Finally, he tells why it is high time to make public aware of water conservation.
I am a B.Tech in Civil Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and a Ph.D in Environmental Planning and Management with specialisation in water resource management from Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology University, Ahmedabad. I have experience of over three decades in theoretical and practical community development work, with specialisation in Adivasi development and natural resource management and have the following skills and work profile –
- Skill Set
- Overall design, conduct, analysis and reporting of research projects.
- Design, conduct, and reporting of impact assessment studies using LFA
- Design of Management Information Systems using MS Access software.
- Formulation of project proposals using Logical Framework Analysis.
- Statistical Analysis with the use of Excel and R software.
- Analysis of Remote Sensing Images through the use of GIS software.
- Conduct, analysis and reporting of Quantitative Participatory Assessments.
- Conduct, analysis and reporting of Participatory Rural Appraisals.
- Formulation of Micro-plans for Community Development.
- Implementation of Community Development Projects.
- Research and Implementation in the field of Water Resource Management.
- Conduct of Trainings in Community Organisation and Local Governance.
- Design and Construction of Decentralised Water Supply and Sanitation Systems.
- Design and Implementation of Decentralised Solar Systems
- Organisation of Human Rights Campaigns and Public Interest Litigation.
- Reproductive health and Rights mobilisation of women.
- Design and implementation of education programmes for Adivasi children.
I have used these skills to execute the following development projects –