Lt Gen Shokin Chauhan, PVSM, AVSM, YSM, SM, VSM, Former Director General, Assam Rifles
- An Insider Look On the Future of War | Lt Gen Shokin Chauhan, PVSM, AVSM, Former Director General, Assam Rifles
- Predictions on the Future of War | Lt Gen Shokin Chauhan, PVSM, AVSM, Former Director General, Assam Rifles
- An Insider Look On the Future of War | Lt Gen Shokin Chauhan, PVSM, AVSM, YSM, SM, VSM, Former Director General, Assam Rifles
- Predictions on the Future of War | Lt Gen Shokin Chauhan, PVSM, AVSM, YSM, SM, VSM, Former Director General, Assam Rifles
- Leadership, Technology, and the Future of War | Lt Gen Shokin Chauhan, PVSM, AVSM, YSM, SM, VSM, Former Director General, Assam Rifles
The world is changing, and so is the future of war. Nations should stay vigilant about protecting their people and territories. Combat is no longer limited to land, sea, and air; it now occurs in the digital realm and outer space. Strengthening militaries involve strengthening capabilities on all fronts: technologies, intelligence, communications, and leadership.
Lt Gen Shokin Chauhan, PVSM, AVSM, YSM, SM, VSM, Former Director General, Assam Rifles joins us to talk about four factors for success in any profession and the leadership style that leads to better decisions. He also predicts the future of war, suggesting ways that India can adapt to the changes. Finally, Lt Gen Shokin Chauhan compares the warfare rules and policies of countries like China, India, and Pakistan.
If you’re interested in the future of war, militaries, and defense, don’t miss this episode!
00:33- About Lt Gen Shokin Chauhan
- Gen Chauhan is the Former Director-General of Assam Rifles.
- He has been recognized and honored by the president of India with the Param Vishisht Seva Medal and Ati Vishisht Seva Medal.
- He’s a thinking soldier, and he’s completed his Ph.D.
- Experienced Chairman and Director General with a demonstrated history of working in the Defense & Space industry.
01:08- What did you do right in this journey?
- Nothing was pre-planned. I didn’t plan on being a general, I planned on being a good officer.
- At each point in my life, I constantly reassess my capabilities.
- The thing about Gurkha is that they give you the chance to be their leader.
- They trust you for your competence, and they trust you for your incompetence.
13:13- What steps are being taken to combat insurgency problems?
- If you have read about insurgency, you would realize that the center of gravity of an insurgency situation is the people living in that area.
- The insurgents come from within the people.
- If the mothers tell their kids that we don’t believe in this case and I am not going to feed my child to this fire of insurgency, no child will go.
- The steps that we have to take in these insurgency areas-
- You have to bring good governance, you have to bring education, you have to bring employment,
- You have to bring a transformation in their lives to make sure that the mothers do not give their children away.
22:06- A Pakistani soldier fights for his religion, a Chinese soldier fights for his party, and an Indian soldier fights for his motherland
- Every soldier fights for a cause.
- Whether the cause is the party or the cause is the religion or the cause is the country, it’s eventually the cause.
- Every society builds a narrative around soldiers, and that narrative is a very highly thought process of morality.
Connect with Lt Gen Shokin Chauhan – LinkedIn
Enjoy This Podcast?
If you learned new insights about leadership in the Indian Army, as well as the future of military and warfare, subscribe and share it with friends!
Love to give us 5 stars? ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ If you do, we’d love a review from you. Help us reach more people to keep them in the know as we talk to leaders, high achievers, and thought leaders from diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Excellence can come from anywhere; stay in the know, and hear from emergent high achievers and gurus.
Don’t forget to follow and message us on these platforms!
Thanks for listening!
To a better you,
Lieutenant General Shokin Chauhan is the former Director-General of the Assam Rifles. He is a highly experienced Director-General with a track record of success in the Defense and Space industries.
Lt. Gen. is a graduate of the National Defense Academy, the Defense Services Staff College, the Army War College, and the prestigious National Defense College.