Reena Ahluwalia, Award-winning Jewellery Designer, Diamond Painter, Professor, and Speaker
Reena is an award-winning jewelry designer, a diamond painter, a professor, a speaker, and a community builder. She graduated from the National Institute of Fashion Technology in India.
Jewelry designing is the art of decorating jewelry or an object for aesthetic or fashion purposes. Jewelry designers are in high demand today, but there are only a few who are fantastic at what they do. A good jewelry designer not only shows his passion for the art of designing jewelry but also follows the latest trends and styles. Today we have an award-winning jewelry designer, a diamond painter, a professor, a speaker, and a community builder, Reena Ahluwalia.
[00:34] About Reena Ahluwalia, Award-winning Jewelry Designer, Diamond Painter, Professor, and Speaker
- Reena is an award-winning jewelry designer, a diamond painter, a professor, a speaker, and a community builder.
- She graduated from the National Institute of Fashion Technology in India.
- She created a diamond tiara for her royal highness, Kate Middleton.
- She created the inaugural collection for Rio Tinto Bunder Mine, where diamonds were found 100 years after the fabled Indian Golconda Mines depleted.
[01:23] What made you become a jewelry designer after NIFT?
- As a child, I was intrigued and excited about transforming anything ordinary into extraordinary.
- Jewelry was all around me, and it was fascinating how jewelry was interconnected with people’s personal identities.
[02:41] Iconic Designs, and what went into making those designs?
- With a lot of hard work, passion, and technical knowledge, I create jewelry.
- To be a great jewelry designer, you need to be part strategist part engineer, part mathematician.
- I earned a Guinness world record for most diamonds set on a watch ever, which is more than 50,000 diamonds.
[05:33] What is a diamond painting?
Diamond paintings or the diamond artwork that I create are the paintings of towns on a physical canvas.
[06:43] What is the process of creating a diamond painting?
- I have my mind filled with all my ideas and the ideas that have accumulated over years and years, and that’s the story I want to tell.
- Diamonds are mathematical precision, and I like to be millimeters precise.
[08:51] What goes into designing for royalty?
- Whether there’s a royalty or anybody else, I treat everyone like royalty.
- Maintaining privacy and a very high level of trust that’s very important, and I think that really ties in with my integrity.
[09:55] How do you get so much inspiration to create?
- I am inspired by life. I am inspired by everything.
- When these ideas come together and form a story, that’s when I start exploring them and putting them into a piece of my work.
[12:18] Use of technology
Technology has advanced design, and it provides us with ways to do newer things to create solutions and even fast-paced cross-platform integration.
[17:56] About ‘Jewelers for Children’
A nonprofit organization in the jewelry industry raising funds from companies in the industry to support children in need.
You can connect with Reena Ahluwalia – LinkedIn
Enjoy this podcast?
If you learned new insights about jewelry designing, as well as diamond painting, subscribe and share it with friends!
Love to give us 5 stars? ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ If you do, we’d love a review from you. Help us reach more people to keep them in the know as we talk to leaders, high achievers, and thought leaders from diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Excellence can come from anywhere; stay in the know, and hear from emergent high achievers and gurus.
Don’t forget to follow and message us on these platforms!
Thanks for listening!
Reena Ahluwalia is a multifaceted artist. She is an award-winning jewelry designer, diamond painter, professor, speaker, and community builder. Recognized as one of the Top Masters of Jewelry Design and art in Canada, she has been creating jewelry with deep meaning and symbolism. Reena’s signature style is all about precision, geometry, fluidity, and movement.
She is one of a handful of living jewelry artists whose work is featured on a nation’s (Belgium) postage stamp. As a tribute to the British Royal Wedding, Reena created a Diamond Tiara for HRH Kate Middleton with Royal Asscher Diamond Company, the company responsible for cutting world-famous Cullinan Diamond and Excelsior Diamond.