Bobby Joseph, Country General Manager, Lixil India
The Country Manager of Lixil India, a company that ensures that you save water by manufacturing products that either save water or reduce its usage, Bobby Joseph.
In this day and age when there is a scarcity of freshwater reserves, we must constantly think of our future generations while consuming the precious resources. A lot of water is wasted in every household due to poorly manufactured taps or showers. Water conservation should become a part of the everyday lives of individuals, but for that, you need optimum quality housing equipment that helps save water. Today we bring you the Country Manager of Lixil India, a company that ensures that you save water by manufacturing products that either save water or reduce its usage, Bobby Joseph. A senior corporate leader in India, Bobby talks about leadership styles and shares his insights on how to build a successful brand.
India is a diverse and vast country. Bobby talks about water challenges we face in India like hard water, high toxicity, poor hygiene, and more. He also talks about how Lixil is able to tackle those challenges with smart technology solutions, a shower that uses less water, and sensory taps even at home! Lixil has revolutionized home equipment for the world.
Bobby has contributed to the growth of many large brands, from Nokia, WIPRO, to Walt Disney! He shares his leadership style with our viewers with a very interesting anecdote from his early career. A true people person, Bobby has an empathetic leadership style. Tune in to this episode and learn more about how technology can help reduce water wastage!
Attributes I have internalized and are key to my personal and professional voyage are Forward-Thinking, Intrepid, and People Management (as per self-assessment and stakeholders feedback). In my professional career spanning over 20 years now, I have been practicing these attributes consistently. I perpetually endeavor to perfect them by being proactive in realizing market situations (in the VUCA environment we operate), calculated risk-taking, remaining optimistic & constructively tough-minded, understanding the pulse of the team, ensuring measured emotional connections, and being pragmatically inclusive. I believe strongly that these attributes enabled me to remain grounded while delivering results in challenging situations. They enabled businesses to grow exponentially both at B2B and B2C levels I am exposed to. An innovative approach for enhancing operational efficiency resulting in cost avoidance and better cost management has given me immense professional fulfillment. Core competencies I exhibit include Key Partnership development, Organizational Restructuring, Global Outlook, Strategic yet Tactical Market Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting, and Problem Solving.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
- Tuck School of Business – Lixil Strategic Innovation program Aug 2020
- Awarded The Courtney Graham Pioneer Award, 2017 – selected by the Board of Directors • Selected for the Stanford Management Development Program, 2016
- Awarded The Country Manager of the Year – 2014
- Awarded The Sales Manager of the Year in 2006 & 2008
- Established Plantronics Operations in India, 2002 & Middle East 2011. (Startup experience) • Selected for the Nokia Management Development Program in 2001
- Recognized for “Lamps at Kirana Stores”- An Azim Premji project
LIXIL India: 2018 Dec – Till date
Country General Manager – India & Sub Continent
- P&L responsibility
- Grow market leadership position across the region
- Regulatory and Relationship management
- Implement global best practices with local market relevance
- Attract, retain, nurture and develop engaged team/people.
Strong Professional Foundation..
- Plantronics: Country Manager – India & Middle East – 16 ½ Years
- NOKIA: Sales Manager North & East – 2 ½ years
- Walt Disney: Retail Manager – Consumer products – 1 ½ year
- WIPRO: Product Manager & Zonal Manager – 3 ½ years
- Berger Paints: Area Sales Manager – 1 ½ year
Highest Qualification: Masters in Management – NMIMS, Mumbai.
Extra-Curricular: Avid Cyclist, Hockey – Kerala State Team, Youngest Rotaract President- Asia, Voracious Reader, Professional Entrepreneur, and CSR driven.