In this episode, Ashutosh Garg converses with Arindam Dasgupta, Co-Founder of Tamul Plates Marketing Pvt Ltd. Tamul Plates manufactures biodegradable plates from areca sheets. Arindam shares with us the three key milestones of his life. He tells us what inspired him to actualize the idea of manufacturing plates from areca sheets. The entrepreneur talks about the challenges he had to face while building his company. Arindam opines about the strange disposal habit of Indians. He explains how millennials and Gen Z are reacting to biodegradable products.
Arindam Dasgupta, Promoter, Tamul Plates Marketing Pvt Ltd
• Conducted a study for NABARD, in Barpeta to look for feasibility of developing a cluster for production of bamboo mats to be used for manufacturing Bamboo Mat Composites. Identified a cluster for implementing the same in Barpeta.
• Conducted a Multi Location Research study on Water and Livelihoods for International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Anand. As a site custodian for Assam, Dhriiti assisted IWMI in conducting research on Culture Fisheries, Water & Livestock, Supplemental irrigation and Future of Agriculture.
• Developed a business plan of a handicraft retail store for Rangsutra – a producer company comprising five different handicraft groups in the country.
• Conducted a production and market feasibility study for Kashmir Handmade Pashmina in the Srinagar District of Jammu & Kashmir with Wildlife Trust of India (WTI), New Delhi.
• Conducted a Feasibility Study of ICTs across India for NASSCOM Foundation.
• Provided training and consultancy to Viveka Service Society (MFI), Bapatla, Andhra Pradesh for setting up their Micro Enterprise Division. The initiative was supported by Friends of Women’s World Banking (FWWB), Ahmedabad.
• Developing business plan for rural tourism sites at Assam, Sikkim and W. Bengal under the UNDP and Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, Endogenous Tourism Project.