Mansi Shrivastav, Sr VP, MX Player
Mansi is the Senior VP of MX Player. She has previously worked with AQT Network, Movies Now, Romedy Now, EN TV, Zoom, and others.
The Brand Called You is pleased to bring you a professional from the media and audit field, Ms. Mansi Shrivastav. Mansi is the Senior VP of MX Player. She has previously worked with AQT Network, Movies Now, Romedy Now, EN TV, Zoom, and others.
In conversation with host Ashutosh Garg, Mansi talks about the extremely renowned OTT (over the top) platform, MX Player. Mansi takes us through the working of this widely used platform and it’s show selection procedures. She throws light on the changes that have taken place after the establishment of high streaming OTT platforms. Mansi also discusses the competition in the field and her thoughts on regulating the content on OTT platforms.
Mansi believes that OTT platforms will continue to flourish even post-pandemic period as they are high in consumer demand.
About MX Player:
Initially MX Player was an offline video player that was used only to watch videos (like the VLC media player ). After establishing a good user niche, MX player scaled towards an online presence with MX player originals, streaming of renowned shows, sports, and also gaming. It is now one of the best OTT platforms available on android as well as ioS users in the country. With over shows across 12 languages, the MX player has a whopping 280 million global users!
As Senior VP with MX player, Mansi focuses on the content selection that is streamed on the app. She watches out for good quality and leading movies and shows for the users. Mansi shares that she looks for audience-centric content and shows that are most relevant to the viewers. Stories that are diverse and spread out globally, are welcomed on the platform. Mansi also highlights the increasing demand for universally dubbed movies and shows.
“At the end of the day a good story from any part of the world, I see that working and resonating. As long as it is in the right language”
Tune in to find more about OTT platforms and the field of media.
Over 13 years of cross-functional experience with an in-depth understanding of the Entertainment & Media Industry across Acquisitions, Programming, New Channel Launches & Sustenance Strategies, Content Partnerships, Commercials, Live News, Fiction & Reality TV. Creating & delivering diverse & high-quality experiences to the Audiences within complex frameworks of competitive markets, emerging trends & technologies & ever-growing eyeballs.
- Strong acumen & robust understanding of the significant role & potential of English Content in the constantly growing & expanding Indian market
- Strategy & creation of path-breaking, dynamic & innovative programming plans in competitive & cluttered markets for successful launches as well as leading market positions
- Proficient at acquisitions & building content libraries for the Indian Diaspora to enhance viewership & revenue through content providers across Asia, Europe & Hollywood independents & Major studios
- Creating & building strong foundations with process-driven structures & functions for smooth on-air operations, content management, database & library management, competitive market analysis & ongoing innovations towards better audience management
- The integral backbone of foundation teams of 3 channel launches & several new path-breaking shows & projects across English Entertainment Channels, Hindi Lifestyle & Bollywood Based Channels, Music & reality Channel, Fiction, News, Non-Fiction path-breaking shows over the last decade.
- Exposure to Brand development, Brand Activation, Distribution, Business Strategy, Budgets, Legal Norms & requirements, viewership research & all other broadcast operations & functions
- Adept at partnering with seniors across Sales, Technology, Legal, Marketing, Finance, Operations
Experience in structuring, negotiating, and closing complex content partnership agreements with high prices & budget sensitivities