Salil Bhandari, Founder, BGJC and Associates
Mr. Salil Bhandari is the Founder of BGJC and Associates, Chartered Accountants.
Our guest for today is Mr. Salil Bhandara who is an accomplished Chartered Accountant. Mr.Bhandara works with a number of NGOs and educational institutions too.
From his experience in the field, Mr. Bhandara describes the importance of commerce chambers. He believes that these chambers enhance the capacity, interface and create awareness within the government with respect to various policies.
As for the CA profession, Mr. Bhandara believes that the election process within the profession affects the decision making process. And an autonomous body should be hired for the representation of the institution.
He also gives his opinion on the New Education Policy describing it as comprehensive and well articulated.
Mr. Bhandara is the founder of The Udaipur Tales which is an international storytelling festival.
“Reaching out people’s minds and thoughts and changing them cannot happen unless they change from within”
He believes that this festival is a form of communication for the youth and that it truly enhances their understanding of culture.
Four words that he abides by are –
Samajdaari, Zimmedari, Imaandaari and Bhagidaari.
Mr. Bhandara’s journey is an unusual mixture of professions and experiences which make him the impeccable professional that he is!
Mr. Salil Bhandari is the Founder of BGJC and Associates, Chartered Accountants. The firm is a member of IR Global, an international network of legal and consulting firms.
He was the President of PHD Chamber of Commerce, an Apex Chamber of commerce in India, is a member of the National Executive of FICCI, and serves on the board of large corporates and institutions like Indian Institute of Management, Indore.
He is the Founder of UDAIPUR TALES: International Story Festival, the only one of its kind being done in India.
CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE
Member of the National Executive Committee and Steering Committee.
Chairman, Audit Committee
PHD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
ASSOCIATED CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Member of the Management Committee
NON PROFIT MAKING ORGANISATIONS
- CHILD FUND INDIA
A USA based funding organization, working through its 80+ NGO partners spread all over India. Has invested over Rs 750 million on the ongoing projects.
- SOCIETY FOR INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENTOF HIMALAYAS (SIDH)
Chairman of the Society since its inception for 18 years. This society has been working in the hills of Tehri in the education area. Its supporting organizations were Save the Children (U.K), Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, Mumbai, Child Relief and You (CRY), PATH, USA, etc.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA COMMITTEES
Mr. Bhandari has represented businesses in Committees set up by Government of India, more recently in
- Member Task Force – Commission on Centre State Relations, Govt of India
- Member, Advisory Committee, Dept. of Company Affairs, Govt. of India
- Distt Secretary 2000-01, Rotary District 3010
- President, 1996-97, Rotary Club of Delhi Southend.
- President, 1978-79, Rotaract Club of Delhi Midtown.
SEMINARS / PAPERS presented at National & International forums
He has presented papers at various foras some of which are :
- Visiting Lecturer, Industrial Development Bank of India Training Centre
- Conference on Corporate Governance, New Delhi on ‘Ethics is Good Business’
- Regional conference in Bangalore of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India on ‘Changing role of Independent Directors’
- National Conference for Peace, Harmony and Good Governance, New Delhi on ‘Accountability and Transparency in Governance’
- National Conference of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise on ‘ Challenges for MSME in India’
- World Education Summit, New Delhi on ‘ Education in India: Policy and Practice’
- International Customs Day on ‘ Knowledge: A Catalyst for Customs Excellence’
- International Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Excellence in Higher Education’ at the Conference on Education in India by Indian Institute if Technology (IIT)
- International Consultants meet in Athens on ‘Emerging opportunities in India’
- Global Summit in New York on “ Building India’s Business Map: The emerging Sectors”
- Global Summit on CSR – Conveyance, Innovation; Beyond compliance.
- HSIL LTD (HINDWARE)
- SOMANY HOME INNOVATIONS LTD.
- BRILLOCA LTD.
- GINNI INTERNATIONAL LTD
- GREENPANEL INDUSTRIES LTD.
- SYENERGY ENVIRONICS LTD
INDEPENDENT DIRECTOR – Earlier
- OMAX AUTOS LTD
- BSL LTD
- BHILWARA ENERGY LTD
GOVERNING BOARD OF EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION:
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, INDORE
- JAIPURIA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (NOIDA, JAIPUR, LUCKNOW, INDORE)
- THE KHAITAN SCHOOL, NOIDA
- JAIPURIA SCHOOL , LUCKNOW
- SHAMLAL COLLEGE, DELHI UNIVERSITY
He has over 35 years experiences on advising large organizations doing transnational business on top management issues
- Counseling top management in all areas of change management, mission focus and vision conceptualization.
- Designing and installing Management Information System; their monitoring and implementation.
- Strategies, Plans and Policy for mission accomplishment.
- Acquisition strategy and its implementation.
- Negotiating international alliances / JV’s etc.
- Aiding Management in organization Structuring and Development
- Building strategic business units
- Installing Performance measurement systems e.g Budgetary Control Systems, People assessment processes etc.
- Turn around Strategies, Restructuring etc.
- Envisioning, building strategic plan , negotiating, and setting up joint ventures, strategic alliances and working structures
- Setting up business structures, management and control system, HR strategy, centralization strategy and plan etc for managing transnational corporation.
- Setting up Accounting and Management Information System
- Widely traveled in USA, Europe, South East Asia, Middle East, China and Australia. Extensively traveled in India
- A result oriented and creative person, with a sense of drive and self motivation. Having clear expression and strong intuitive and interpersonal skills. Committed to good professional and human values, logical and possessing high degree of integrity.
- Fellow Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi.
- Diploma in Business Management, All India Council for Management Studies, Chennai
- B.Com (Hons.), Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University. New Delhi
- Higher Secondary, ‘The Daly College’, Indore
- Certified group facilitator of ICA, UK.
- Class Prize in School
- Best President of 1996-97 in Rotary District 3010
- Special Recognition as a member of Rotary District Council
- Special Recognition as Chairman of Rotary District Conference.