TS Jaishankar, Former Dy MD, Toyota Kirloskar
TS retired as the Deputy Managing Director of Toyota Kirloskar Motor LTD and he shares his experience of working for over three decades in the supply chain management industry.
TS Jaishankar, a senior corporate leader from India shares his invaluable experience of over three decades in another addition of our Supply Chain series: Can India Grow Without China?
TS retired as the Deputy Managing Director of Toyota Kirloskar Motor LTD and he shares his experience of working for over three decades in the supply chain management industry. He has also assumed leadership roles in other major companies such as Mahindra and Mahindra and Yanmar India Pvt Ltd.
In this enlightening interview about Supply Chain Management, TS shares his learnings of many years of working in the automotive industry. He talks about the Japanese way of doing business, i.e., JIT: Just In Time. According to TS, while Indians waste so much of their precious time following up with their supply chain managers, the Japanese grow with their suppliers. He explains this with an interesting analogy, “they are like a farmer, they sow the seed, the plant will come, and you reap the fruit after some time.”
“Suppliers are partners, customers are kings.”
TS then talks about the evolution of supply chain management after the covid-19 pandemic. He explains that due to the connectedness of our world, the pandemic will not go away but we will have to evolve our ways accordingly. He opines that “we are coming back from Globalization.” He also talks about India’s relationship with China and other countries and shares why India should move out of the Chinese market.
Tune in to this interview and learn more about supply chain management.
- 81-82: Dunlop India: Sales and service of truck tires in Northeastern market
- 82-97: Mahindra and Mahindra (Automotive Division): Production control, Transmission and Engine Assembly, Purchasing
- 97-98: PAL-Peugoet : Regional Manager at Chennai
- 98-2018: Toyota Kirloskar Motor : Purchasing, Project Management, Human Resource, Finance, legal, corporate Governance, Information system
- 2017-till now: Yanmar India & Yanmar Engine Manufacturing India: Independent