Tanja Hichert, Owner, Hichert and Associates, Futurist and Scenario Planning Practitioner
Tanja Hichert is a Futurist.Tanja tells us that there is a range of specialized programs like the Master of Future Studies or learning how to forecast to train as a futurist.
What do you think about change?
Some say it is good, some say it is bad, some say it is good, just hard to accept. We need to really accept the change and be a Futurist.
Do you know what a Futurist is?
This episode of The Brand Called You will clear all your doubts about it. Talking about Futurists, our guest for today, tells us that the term ‘Futurist’ existed as a concept a decade ago, but was extremely unattended and under-rated.
Our guest, Tanja Hichert, is a Futurist. Tanja tells us that there is a range of specialized programs like the Master of Future Studies or learning how to forecast to train as a futurist.
[00:35] About Tanja Hichert, Owner, Hichert and Associates, Futurist and Scenario Planning Practitioner
- Tanja is the owner of Hichert and Associates
- She is a Scenario Planning practitioner and facilitator of strategic conversations
- She is also a Futurist
[00:58] About Hichert and Associates
- It is a very small, limited corporation business.
- But the legal entity is very important for me because I work with large entities.
- I set up the business to do the work, I love doing.
[02:17] Who is a futurist or a foresight practitioner?
- Somebody who works with the future and enables other people, institutions, and organizations to work with the future.
- There is a range of tools and techniques that enables one to look very broadly across the factors that shape the future.
- The trick is to tap into multiple perspectives.
[07:00] Preferred Future Vs. Visioning
- It is extremely powerful to work with a possible future.
- Visioning is sort of we would love something often Utopian.
- The preferred future is systematically, and robustly, working with the factors that shape the future.
[12:44] What is your view on the science of astrology?
- It is just a different view of using the future because it is the same thing.
- It is exploring the future with different tools and techniques.
[13:43] What is Scenario Planning?
- Scenario planning is the most well-known future method, tool, or technique.
- It has become a corporate staple.
- All big businesses have a Scenario Planning team.
- It is usually done to help your strategic planning process.
[16:37] What is Horizon Scanning?
- Horizon scanning exercise makes sure that you look broader at some of the issues that you might not expect to be impacting that study that you’re conducting.
[20:03] Three key lessons
- Always follow your principles.
- Always have a little parachute.
- Be a good listener.
You can connect with Tanja Hichert- LinkedIn
Enjoy this podcast?
If you learned new insights about being a foresight practitioner or a futurist, subscribe and share it with friends!
Love to give us 5 stars? ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ If you do, we’d love a review from you. Help us reach more people to keep them in the know as we talk to leaders, high achievers, and thought leaders from diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Excellence can come from anywhere; stay in the know, and hear from emergent high achievers and gurus.
Don’t forget to follow and message us on these platforms!
Thanks for listening!
An academically qualified, highly experienced, futures and foresight practitioner who has maintained a link with academic Futures Studies in her career specializing in: scenario planning, horizon scanning, strategic foresight, risk management and facilitating strategic conversations, that provide clarity and direction for organizations and institutions faced with complexity and uncertainty.
Extensive experience in applying futures / foresight to development issues in the emerging world, but with a solid record of accomplishment in business strategy, plus considerable project management experience.