“My advice is very simple. I would say somebody who is thinking of becoming an entrepreneur, I’d just tell them ‘go, get started’. It’s impossible to figure out all the stuff before you start.”- Prakash Gurbaxani
In this episode, Ashutosh Garg engages in a conversation with Prakash Gurbaxani, Founder and CEO, QVC Realty Company. Prakash is a senior entrepreneur with a three decade long experience in real estate business. Prakash shares with us the three key milestones in his life. He explains why he chose to return to India after working for fourteen years in the US. The real estate expert talks about the deregulation of real estate in 2005, where real estate companies were enabled to raise foreign funds. He shares the awe-inspiring story of raising 100 million dollars as a startup. Mr. Gurbaxani gives a brief overview of his brand, QVC Realty company. He opines about the oncoming of organized players in the real estate business and the ongoing changes. The expert analyzes the growth of commercial real estate versus residential real estate in India over the last decade. Later, he explains how the millennials are changing the residential real estate business. How the pandemic has changed their ideologies is discussed afterwards. Prakash talks about the core values ingrained in his business along with defining his unique leadership style. The CEO tells what he looks for when hiring someone. Being someone who creates very big real estate projects, Prakash talks about his source of inspiration. Before concluding, he shares with us his biggest learnings from his biggest mistakes in life.
Prakash Gurbaxani, Founder and CEO, QVC Realty Company
- Over 37 years of experience in real estate, construction, internet / BPO industries in India & the US
- Founder and CEO, QVC Realty Company 2007 – Present.
- CEO, TSI Ventures, a JV between Tishman Speyer, a US based fund management/real estate development firm & ICICI Ventures, managing USD 700 Million Real Estate Fund
- CEO, Transworks Information Services, a BPO Venture
- Founder & CEO (India), 24/7 Customer, a BPO Venture
- CEO, Micromedia, an Internet Media Venture
- 1983 – 1997 Worked in the Construction Industry in US